Donate - GazaSaveGaza
IMANA's Lessons from Gaza
Based on our dedication to relieve suffering through regular medical relief work, the Palestinian Ministry of Health requested IMANA to assist in providing face masks and hand sanitizer for their healthcare professionals. IMANA immediately responded by funding the procurement of 170,000 Level 3 Surgical masks and 3000 liters of hospital-grade hand sanitizer.
Your gift provides timely delivery of PPE in the hands of those in need as the virus lockdown brings new misery upon the besieged Gaza Strip.
Since 2007, IMANA Medical Relief (IMR) has been involved with providing critical health care to vulnerable communities in Gaza. Over the years IMR volunteers have conducted plastic/reconstructive surgical missions and treated wounded patients with complex injuries, as well as provided medicines and supplies to hospitals in Gaza.
IMR has been involved in extending help and assistance to the citizens of Gaza since 2009 when an emergency team traveled to the territory following hostilities that year. It worked side by side with local doctors at Shifa Hospital and was featured by the Associated Press for their heroic work. This was the only medical relief team from the United States to operate in Gaza during the crisis. Thereafter IMR has remained engaged in Gaza by providing medicines and supplies, including purchase of a Cardiopulmonary Bypass machine, and by facilitating & sponsoring two years long advanced specialty training for 6 young physicians at overseas facilities. Some of the prominent projects in Gaza include:
- 2012 – An IMR team traveled to Gaza and performed 46 complex reconstructive surgeries on war victims
- 2014 – Following the hostilities, IMR immediately dispatched 5 IEHKs which could cover basic healthcare needs for 50,000 people for up to 3 months
- 2014 – IMR donated surgical instruments worth $250,000 for Gaza hospitals
- 2016 – IMR supplied medicines worth $50,000 to local hospitals and donated specialized laparoscopic surgery equipment costing $26,700 to Shifa Hospital
- 2018 – IMR procured & delivered critically needed medicines worth $2.5 million to hospitals in the territory
- 2019 – Gaza: Our burns team carried out 41 surgical burn procedures during December
– Donated $50,000 for essential food supplies during
Ramadan which benefited 500 families
– Shipped 10 IEHKs containing essential medical supplies worth $2 million to the territory