Donate - GazaServeGaza
Addressing the staggering healthcare needs in Gaza
The Gaza Strip’s health infrastructure is devastated by the ongoing conflict and struggles to provide adequate services to Palestinians in need of quality medical care.
Since 2009, IMANA’s been providing critical healthcare services to Palestinians from plastic/reconstructive surgeries to medicines and supplies, including a Cardiopulmonary Bypass machine.
Currently, through the our Disaster Relief campaign, we are committed to reaching the most vulnerable Palestinian children who need access to eye care services. Through this campaign, we’re supporting a series of surgical procedures and comprehensive ophthalmic examinations in local hospitals that average $300 per case. With your generous support, you are giving more than just vision to a child in need, you’re allowing them an opportunity to learn and grow alongside their peers and live life to the fullest.
A glimpse into IMANA’s prominent projects in Gaza over the years:
- 2020 – IMANA funded the procurement of 350,347 surgical facemasks and 9,734 units (1/2 liters each) of antiseptic hand sanitizing gel for healthcare workers in Gaza.
We also received a Letter of Thanks from Dr. Abdullatif Alhaj, Director General International Cooperation at the Ministry of Health in the Gaza Strip, click here to read
- 2019 – Our medical volunteers carried out 41 surgical burn procedures.
– Donated $50,000 for essential food supplies during Ramadan which benefited 500 families.
– Shipped 10 IEHK’s* worth $2 million to the Gaza Strip.
- 2018 – To address the drug shortages in the territory, we procured & delivered critically needed medicines worth $2.5 million to local hospitals.
- 2016 – We supplied medicines worth $50,000 to local hospitals and donated specialized laparoscopic surgery equipment that costs $26,700 to Shifa Hospital.
- 2014 – Following the hostilities, IMR immediately dispatched 5 IEHKs which covered basic healthcare needs for 50,000 people for up to 3 months.
- 2014 – Gaza: IMR donated surgical instruments worth $250,000 for Gaza hospitals
- 2012 -An IMR team traveled to Gaza and performed 46 complex reconstructive surgeries on those injured in conflict.
*Interagency Emergency Health Kits (IEHK), a WHO approved kit principally designed to meet the priority health needs of a population affected by emergencies that have limited access to routine health care services.