IMANA PRESS RELEASE
IMANA Launches COVID-19 Page with Numerous Resources for the Community
March 01, 2020
IMANA has launched a page regarding the Coronavirus. The page consists of Quick tips, Important updates coming up daily, resources about the virus and health advice. There are also resources for Spiritual advice and information for healthcare workers.
The following is some information that can be found on the IMANA COVID-19 page.
“CDC is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in China and which has now been detected in more than 100 locations internationally, including in the United States. The virus has been named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes has been named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”).”
- Covid-19 is a global pandemic and should be taken seriously
- Wash your hands! Or use hand sanitizer
- If you are sick, stay home* and stay away from others until you are fever free (<100.4F) for MORE than 24 hours
- The virus can last on surfaces for as long as 9 days. This includes the prayer mats in the masjid.
- Do NOT go to the Emergency Department for Covid-19 testing if you are NOT actively ill AND you have a known exposure or significant risk of Covid-19 exposure — instead go to a testing site to avoid spreading the virus to sick/immunocompromised patients in the hospital: https://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/