Climate Health Communications Internship
The IMANA Climate Health Program offers a PAID internship opportunity to develop original, creative multimedia content for our social media platforms.
- Internship begins as soon as possible and will run through the end of 2020.
- Due to the nature of the social media-oriented work responsibilities, the Intern will be expected to work 3-5 hours per week, with daily work required Monday to Friday.
- This is a remote position that will be managed by multiple supervisors. The intern will also work alongside the multimedia communications specialist.
- Develop original content for IMANA’s Climate Health Program on all social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn).
- Generate and sustain coalition and organizational relationships with climate health partners through all of IMANA’s social media platforms.
- Monitor climate health education, news, events, and policy advocacy on all IMANA’s social media platforms.
- Create basic infographics, images, and photos for IMANA’s social media platforms.
- Ensure that IMANA’s mission and the Islamic principles motivating its Climate Health Program are integrated into social media messaging.
- Additional responsibilities may be provided, as necessary.
- Experience with and enthusiasm for creating messaging on social media platforms, especially Twitter and Facebook, are required.
- Passion for public health, climate activism, and/or climate health is strongly desired
- Candidates do not necessarily need to practice Islam, but a knowledge, familiarity, or interest in the sustainability components of Islamic tradition is required.
- Ideal candidates will also demonstrate the following: excellent writing skills, strong organizational acumen, timely email communication, team orientation, and a sense of humor.
Interested in Applying?
The intern will be compensated for their work at a rate of $15/hour.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and examples of social media posts/projects you have previously worked on in an email with the subject line “IMANA Internship Application” to [email protected] by April 30, 2020.